Sunday, May 8, 2011

happy mother's day!

There are a lot of amazing, strong women I have been blessed to have in my life that have shaped me into the person I am today. My grandmothers, my aunts, my late godmother, youth leaders, college ministers, women in the church and at Peace Camp, teachers, professors, friends... I wish all of you a Happy Mother's Day and I am grateful that I have you in my life.

But most of all, I wish Happy Mother's Day to the woman who gave birth to and raised me: Everly Broadway. It is thanks to her that I know that the sky is the limit when it comes to what I want to do in my life. It is because of her encouragement that I still dance. It is thanks to her that I am strong and independent and hardheaded sometimes (learned from the best!). It is because of her that I work so hard. It is because of her sacrifices that I have had so many opportunities to travel and the opportunity to go to St. Ed's. There have been many, many people who have shaped me in my life, but there is a big part of why I am who I am today, thanks to my mama.

Happy Mother's Day Mama!







1 comment: