Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Favorite Dumbledore Quotes

In honor of the final installment in the Harry Potter movies, I am doing a series on Harry Potter.

Professor Albus Dumbledore was always one of my favorite characters from the Harry Potter novels. I named my first fish after him (Marcel Dumbledore) and I try to remember some of the wisdom he imparts on Harry and others. Here are a few of my favorite quotes from Dumbledore, in no particular order:

"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."


"To the well organized mind, death is but the next great adventure."


"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live."


"And now Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure."


"Time is making fools of us again."


"It’s the unknown we fear when we look upon death and darkness, nothing more." 


"I would assume that you were going to offer me refreshment, but the evidence so far suggests that that would be optimistic to the point of foolishness."


"I take my hat off to you--or I would, if I were not afraid of showering you with spiders."


"Alas! Ear wax!"


and my absolute favorite:


“Tell me one last thing,” said Harry. “Is this real? Or has this been happening inside my head?”
“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” 




No comments:

Post a Comment