Friday, November 11, 2011

An Armistice Day Prayer

Today, 11-11-11, I prayed from 11:00-11:11 (a little longer to be honest).

God,

I pray to you this day, Armistice Day, in remembrance of all who have been lost to war. I pray to you in the spirit in which Armistice Day was intended--as a message of peace. I pray for the families all across the world that have been torn apart because of war. I pray for the governments that have made decisions of war, out of thinking it's the only way, or greed or power. I pray for healing for all those involved in the direct and indirect costs of war. Healing that only You can provide.

I pray that as a people, we can find ways to solve conflict without resorting to violence and war. I pray that the economic disparities between us become not so stark, and we can fight the root of the problem instead of the people themselves. I pray that You give us guidance on which path to take, which way to go forward in our lives. I pray that we never forget that You are on our side.

In Jesus's Name.

No comments:

Post a Comment