Thursday, March 8, 2012

Marching in like a Lion

I feel like I say this every month, but I can't believe it's March! I'm more than halfway through my JVC year, and it's gotten to the point where I have to start thinking about what comes up August 4th, but I don't want to think about this experience ending...

So in other news, February is usually my least favorite month but 2012 brought a different perspective. January was a very rough month for me and working through a lot of that gave me a newfound courage and passion to change things in my life. A big thing is that I put myself out there and took a chance, and am currently dating a pretty awesome guy.

Other things that happened in February: I attended a film festival at USC titled "Surviving the Intersections: Gender, Race & Sexuality", went to the Vagina Monologues, Urban Compass had a community event at the Farmer's Market, we had a bonfire at the beach, I got my fourth learner's permit, had a few parties with the other JV's... Went to a few museums, explored LA a bit, you know, the usual. We had a lot of parents visit this month--Erica's mom came one weekend, Putnam's parents came another weekend, and Kevin's parents visited this past weekend (technically March...).

A few photos:
Fair trade roses from El Salvador, from my dad for Valentine's Day

Two of my kindergartners, Cristopher & Desire

My Jennifer. This girl is attached to my hip.

Dockweiler Beach for the bonfire

Casa DK ladies getting their Mardi Gras on

No comments:

Post a Comment