Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Nothing Can Separate Us From the Love of God

Most of you know this already, but my mom has cancer. You can learn the full story, see updates about her and leave her messages at her caringbridge site.

My family has been a bit blindsided by this, and we are scrambling to find our footing. What is saving us right now, is the support of everyone around us. There has been such an extreme outpouring of love from people I know from every part of my life. Some are people I haven't talked to in years. And I am reminded just how incredibly blessed I have been in this life.

This is only the beginning of the long, tough journey we have ahead of us. The cancer may be physically in my mother's body, but we are all one body in Christ and I am reminded that we never stand alone. My amazing mother does not stand alone--we have all of you.

Have no doubt, my mama will be dancing at my wedding. And considering I don't have a serious boyfriend right now, this is not anytime soon.

I am struggling right now, my family is struggling right now, but I know we're going to get through this because God is always on our side. And mama is strong, and we are all going to be strong with her.

Mantras:
God is in control.
We've come this far by faith.
God is not through with you yet.
Life is hard. God is good. Let's dance.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Naomi! How are you doing? Nancy Bumgardner posted a link to your blog on FB. It touches my heart so much to read as you share your feelings about your Mom! I felt compelled to respond because you are so right on target that your mother is amazing and that none of you are alone at this time. As a body in Christ, we share one another's burdens and well as celebrations, right? I just want you to know that I join you, your family and so many others in praying for Everly's well being and healing as well as for the strength, knowlege and support you and your family need at this time. Please be assured that your Mt. Level Church Family supports you in thought and prayer.

    Yes, your mother is strong, but so are you and your family! You will dance again! Be encouraged! In the meantime, I want to share this reminder by Richard Smallwood, "You're Not Alone." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19zoat2IICY
    Love you all,
    Deborah Eaton

    ReplyDelete